- You’re not conscious when you do the same thing that doesn’t work over and over again.
- Consicousness is absent where there is blaming
Blaming is relinquishing responsibility and assigning it to someone else
- One is not conscious when you make excuses
- One is not conscious if one uses the word “you” in talking to another person about themself
Generalizations like, people like to…
- One is really not conscious when one describes the character and the motivation of another person
- Believing that your experience is reality is unconsciousness
- Believing that you live in the present is unconsciousness
We all live in memory. Every moment is the experience of the past.
- Believing that others experience things the way you do is unconsciousness
- Devalue those who dont experience things the way you do is unconscious
- Believing that you are autonomous – separate and self sufficient is unconscious
Plenary address by Harville Hendrix at the AIRT Imago Conference, Chicago, Oct 1993